Train Accident Lawyers With The Experience It Takes To Handle Tough Cases
Trains are a vital part of Ohio’s infrastructure. In fact, our state has the fifth highest volume of railway traffic in the nation, according to the Ohio Public Utilities Commission. Columbus is a major hub for freight trains in central Ohio.
Cargo trains can be massive, measuring more than 5,000 feet long, with powerful locomotives packing up to 18,000 horsepower apiece. When train collisions or derailments happen, the results are often catastrophic.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a train accident, the attorneys of Colley Shroyer Abraham in Columbus will stand by your side. Our train accident lawyers have the experience, knowledge and resources to capably address these complex cases. We handle both train injury and wrongful death cases.
How Train Accidents Happen
Train accidents have many causes:
- The most common is a failure of safety features, such as the train crossing gates, train whistles or lights.
- When collisions between cars and trains happen, the driver’s view of the train may be obscured by buildings or other impediments. These dangerous crossings become even more hazardous when the locomotive engineer fails to sound the horn upon approaching a crossing.
- Other causes include mechanical failures that cause train derailment.
- Sometimes, train engineers are negligent in operating the equipment, resulting in derailments or collisions.
A crucial step in getting you justice is conducting a thorough investigation of the factors that caused the accident. We will dig deep to get all the facts of your case out in the open. We are thorough in our preparation and diligent in preparing strong cases.
Car Collisions With Trains
In our daily travels, drivers take for granted the railroad crossings they pass. Drivers trust they will be able to pass them without incident, and that the safety features of the train and the railroad crossing will function properly when needed.
Sadly, accidents still happen, resulting in serious injury or death. Our lawyers represent victims and surviving family members in these tragic cases. We have recovered millions on behalf of injury victims.
- Case example – 1,800,000 settlement: A high school senior was hit by a Conrail train in Hilliard. The track had lights but no gates. The crossing had site restrictions making it difficult to see a train. Our lawyers secured a million-plus dollar settlement.
Toxic Chemical Exposure From Train Derailments
Catastrophic train crashes involving hazardous cargo can trigger large-scale evacuations. Even if you weren’t directly involved in a train derailment, you may still end up suffering harm due to the environmental impacts of the accidents.
Our attorneys pursue train lawsuits on behalf of anyone impacted by a derailment. We can file class action claims when warranted to seek accountability and justice on behalf of all of those who were harmed.
Railroad Worker Injuries
If you work for the railroad and suffer an injury, you will need to make a FELA claim. Our attorneys represent injured railroad workers and their loved ones across Ohio. We can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Get In Touch With Our Team
If you or a loved one was injured in an Ohio train accident, you deserve advocates who will fight for you. Our team isn’t afraid to take on powerful railroad companies in pursuit of justice.
Learn more about how we can put our proven experience to work for you. Start with a free consultation: Call 614-678-5072 or contact us through our website. We don’t charge attorney fees unless we’re successful.