You Need An Experienced Trial Lawyer After A Truck Accident
Car accidents can be complex, but a collision with a commercial truck is even more complicated. You cannot fight the trucking company and its insurance carrier by yourself. There will be a team of lawyers, insurance adjusters and other experts on the opposing side. You need an attorney to protect your rights.
At Colley Shroyer Abraham, we have the experience and skills necessary to take on negligent trucking companies and drivers. Since our firm founded in 1977, we have been protecting the rights of injury victims and their families in Ohio. We are trial lawyers who have won significant verdicts and settlements for our clients in cases ranging from brain and spinal cord injuries to soft tissue injuries and wrongful death. You can rely on our dedication to you and your case throughout the process. For a free consultation, please call us at 614-678-5072.
We Are On Your Side In The Fight For Compensation
What makes a truck wreck different from other vehicle accidents? Commercial trucks are covered by commercial insurance policies with expensive premiums. The trucking company and insurance company will fight hard to keep costs down by denying fault for the accident. They do not want to pay out compensation to accident victims.
We will battle the trucking company for you to ensure that you receive the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages and benefits, and pain and suffering. In wrongful death cases, we will also seek damages for funeral and burial expenses, the future lost income of the deceased and the personal loss of a loved one.
We Tackle The Complex Liability Issues In Truck Accidents
In most two-car crashes, there are only two sources of liability: the drivers involved. Accidents involving commercial trucks, however, can have several sources of liability. This makes truck accident cases incredibly difficult to handle without the assistance of a skilled attorney. We are lawyers who have detailed understanding of complicated matters of third-party liability.
Who Is Liable In A Commercial Truck Accident?
In commercial truck accident cases, some common culprits include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Truck manufacturers
- Auto part manufacturers
- Maintenance companies
- Cargo loaders
We have numerous strategies that we use to identify and prove the at-fault party. These strategies can include accident reconstruction, hiring expert witnesses, examining vehicle computer data and more. We will go to any length necessary if it means strengthening your case and helping you.
How Do You Prove Truck Accident Cases?
These cases require a diligent investigation, often with the involvement of experts in fields such as accident reconstruction. Key evidence might include:
- Data from the truck’s “black box” (event data recorder or electronic control module)
- Truck driver logbooks
- Maintenance and repair records
- Dispatcher logs
- Interviews with the truck driver and witnesses
We approach every case with the determination and attention to detail that it takes to get results.
What Kind Of Financial Recovery Can You Get For A Truck Accident?
Because the injuries resulting from truck accidents are so devastating, they often result in significant financial recoveries. As in other types of personal injury cases, you can seek compensation for:
- All injury-related expenses, including medical bills, future medical care, rehabilitation services, physical therapy and other treatments
- Pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, decreased earning capacity, disfigurement and other noneconomic losses
- Property damage to your vehicle and your belongings
- Loss of income due to the accident, including future income
In wrongful death cases, surviving family members can pursue additional damages on behalf of their lost loved ones, including funeral and burial expenses.
Outstanding Results In Truck Crash Cases
A few examples of our success in truck accident cases include:
- $1 million settlement: Truck driver fell asleep at the wheel and rear-ended a car driven by a 50-year-old male, killing him instantly.
- $1.8 million settlement: Jury verdict: Young mother was in a car accident with a dump truck. Liability was disputed. The defense claimed that the plaintiff ran the stop sign and failed to yield to the truck.
- $500,000 jury verdict: Low-speed rear-end collision truck accident. Plaintiff suffered an injury to his spine, and doctors testified that he needed disk fusion. The jury considered $5,000 in medical bills. Proximate cause disputed.
In every case that we handle, our priorities are to provide excellent client service as we seek the maximum compensation available for our clients’ damages.
Proud To Provide Excellent Service And Communication
At Colley Shroyer Abraham, we do much more than simply provide legal representation. We also make a point of providing excellent client service. We provide regular updates about any developments in your case. If you have any questions or comments, we will reply as promptly as possible.
After A Complex Truck Accident, Get A Free Consultation
If you were in a serious truck accident, contact Colley Shroyer Abraham today to speak with one of us. We will address your questions and concerns and explain liability issues in plain English. To schedule your free consultation, call our Columbus office at 614-678-5072. You can also send us an email.