Holding Negligent Property Owners Accountable
Property owners, managers, maintenance companies and even leasers have a responsibility to guests, patrons and occupants. They are responsible for maintaining a secure and safe premise. When safety practices are overlooked or neglected, otherwise innocuous premises can become extremely dangerous. An unguarded pool or dog, slippery surface or unexpected step down can become injurious or even deadly.
If you or someone close to you has suffered an injury due to a poorly maintained or unsecured premise, it is important to reach out to counsel who can inform you of your rights and to what you may be entitled for compensation.
Trip-And-Fall Injury Attorneys
We are prepared to work on premises liability cases, including slip-and-fall injuries and dog bites on residential or commercial properties. This may involve:
- Potholes and walkway defects
- Slip and falls/trip and falls
- Defective stairways and handrails
- Supermarket, retail and parking lot injuries
- Negligent security or lighting
- Inadequate security or safety measures
An example of our success.
- $300,000 – A 30-year-old plaintiff was severely injured when he was struck by a tree being felled by a neighbor. After taking a chainsaw next door to loan to the neighbor, the plaintiff was returning to his residence when the tree landed on him, causing several fractures to his right leg and a vertebral fracture to his back. The plaintiff needed reparative surgery, endured many months’ recuperation and had to change employment to more sedentary work.
At Colley Shroyer & Abraham, our lawyers represent injured people in Columbus and throughout Ohio, including Logan, Waverly and Delaware counties.