Columbus Eye Injury Accident Attorneys
The human eye is a delicate and complex organ. Severe injuries resulting from debris, medical malpractice or another negligent conduct can be life-changing, and can alter or even destroy the victim’s ability to see properly. Because of the severity of these injuries, it is important that injured parties are provided the compensation necessary to care for themselves in the long term following such an accident.
If you or a loved one has suffered an eye injury because of someone’s negligence, we are here for you.
Blindness And Loss Of Vision Accident Attorneys
Our team is ready to bring the skill, and comprehensive knowledge that we have honed in more than four decades of practice to aggressively advocate for you if you have suffered an eye injury involving:
- Complete blindness
- Loss of vision in one eye
- Retinal detachment
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Ophthalmology malpractice
- Damage to the optic nerve
- Pseudotumor cerebri
In every case, we perform rigorous discovery and investigation to build the strongest possible case to maximize the compensation our client deserves. This approach has obtained tens of millions of dollars for clients, and we are prepared to bring it to your case.
Examples of our success.
- $8.6 million verdict – Our client suffered from a condition known as pseudotumor cerebri, which affects the vision by slowing purring pressure on the optic nerve resulting in a loss of peripheral vision. Medicines can reduce the buildup of cerebral spinal fluid. Operations can also shunt the fluid away from the brain keeping the pressure down. In this case, the physician failed to recommend surgery that would have saved most of her vision.
- $425,000 – Plaintiff was target shooting with a muzzleloader when it suddenly exploded, causing severe damage to his face, mouth and right eye. The accident destroyed his right eye as well as caused facial disfigurement, for which he required facial reconstruction and a prosthetic eye. He suffered lost wages and benefits and lost job opportunities, as well as an inability to engage in his favorite recreational activities.
At Colley Shroyer & Abraham, our Columbus eye injury accident lawyers represent injured people in Columbus and throughout Ohio, including Logan, Waverly and Delaware County.