Did You Suffer A Serious Eye Injury?
The human eye is a delicate and complex organ. Severe injuries resulting from debris, medical malpractice and other negligent conduct can be life-changing and can alter or even destroy the victim’s ability to see correctly. Because of the severity of these injuries, injured parties must be provided the compensation necessary to care for themselves in the long term following such an accident.
Our team at Colley Shroyer Abraham is here if you or a loved one has suffered an eye injury because of someone’s negligence.
Blindness And Loss Of Vision Accident Attorneys
Our lawyers are ready to bring the skills and comprehensive knowledge that they have honed during more than four decades of practice to aggressively advocate for you if you have suffered an eye injury involving:
- Complete blindness
- Loss of vision in one eye
- Retinal detachment
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Ophthalmology malpractice
- Damage to the optic nerve
- Pseudotumor cerebri (PTC)
In every case, our attorneys perform rigorous discovery and investigation to build the strongest possible case to maximize the compensation that our client deserves. This approach has obtained tens of millions of dollars for clients, and our team is prepared to bring it to your case as well.
How Our Team Has Successfully Assisted Our Eye Injury Clients
- $8.6 million verdict: Our client suffered from a condition known as pseudotumor cerebri, which affects vision by slowly putting pressure on the optic nerve, resulting in a loss of peripheral vision. Medicines can reduce the buildup of cerebral spinal fluid. Operations can also use a shunt to direct the fluid away from the brain, keeping the pressure down. In this case, the physician failed to recommend surgery to save most of our clients’ vision.
- $425,000: Plaintiff was target shooting with a muzzleloader when it suddenly exploded, causing severe damage to his face, mouth and right eye. The accident destroyed his right eye as well as caused facial disfigurement, for which he required facial reconstruction and a prosthetic eye. He suffered lost wages, benefits, job opportunities, and an inability to engage in his favorite recreational activities.
Have additional questions about how we can help you with your case? Contact our team today.
Work With Focused And Persistent Injury Lawyers – Call Today
At Colley Shroyer Abraham, our Columbus eye injury accident lawyers represent injured people in Columbus and throughout Ohio, including in Logan, Waverly and Delaware County.