Menu Contact
Colley Shroyer Abraham
CALL Today Free Consultation 614-678-5072

What do I do after a wrong-site surgery?

It would be comedic if it weren't so terrifying, especially knowing it could happen to you, or your child or your mother. Or maybe it did happen to you, or your child or your mother. You trusted your doctor and a medical team with the only life you have and the most important thing you have, your health. Once either of those goes, you go too. So what happens when the importance of that responsibility becomes routine and loses the depth of its importance?

It's easy for anyone to become complacent and almost operate on autopilot for the things we do daily that have become mundane. However, with a sworn promise to heal and an obligation to each patient who put their lives and health into a doctor's hands, the primary function of the job cannot ever be done without total focus, thorough review and attention to detail.

If an operation or medical procedure is done with any of that lacking, it is gross negligence. As much as you don't want to, and as much as you would rather be blissful as you were prior to their mistake resulting from this negligence, you now have a case. You must be compensated. You must hold the doctor or medical staff responsible for their oversight and assault on your person.

Examples of gross negligence are amputations of the wrong limb, leaving a foreign object within a body after a surgery, confusion of patients and performance of the incorrect operation, administration of the incorrect medicine and so on. Gross negligence is any actions in which there are obvious errors, even to an untrained eye.

If you think you have a case for gross negligence, you believe you are owed compensation, and you probably want to hold the medical professional accountable, or at very least, give them pause, to step back and revisit what it is they are doing and their responsibilities to their patients. An Ohio medical malpractice attorney may be able to greatly assist you in your pursuit of justice and financial remuneration.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
contact button

Contact Us For A Free Legal Consultation

To discuss your legal matter with an attorney at our firm, call 614-678-5072 or complete the contact form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

  • Rated by super lawyer Daniel N Abraham
  • Rated by super lawyer David I. Shroyer
  • OHIO State Bar Association
  • Columbus Bar Association
  •  The ATLA
  • American Board of Trial Advocates