Michael F. Colley Memorial
Attorney Michael F. Colley was the driving force behind many of our clients' legal successes. His legal career spanned more than 40 years, and in that time he served people with a careful, deliberate and methodical approach to the law — an approach that was founded on a genuine concern for helping others above all else.
Michael viewed himself as a full-service individual. He was an outstanding Columbus trial lawyer and a great peacemaker, seeing opportunities to resolve a problem rather than fan a flame. His rough exterior made him an effective advocate for our clients at every stage of their legal challenges, but deep down he was a people person who believed in the politics of inclusion.
His greatest professional achievements were the people he helped through his talent for the law and his commitment to the legal process. Still, throughout his career he earned many memberships, associations and accolades, including:
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1968 - 1969
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, President, 1971 - 1972
- American Association for Justice, National Secretary, 1975 - 1976
- American Association for Justice, National Vice President, 1976 - 1977
- American Association for Justice, President-Elect, 1977 - 1978
- American Association for Justice, President, 1978 - 1979
- Roscoe Pound-American Trial Lawyers Foundation, President, 1982 - 1985
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Ohio Chapter, President, 1991 - 1992
- American Board of Trial Advocates, National Vice-President
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President-Elect and President, 1995 - 1997
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, Diplomate
Michael Colley never missed a beat. He was a sharp and honest professional who helped set the standard of excellence we continue to strive for every day at Colley Shroyer Abraham. We are proud to have worked with such a fine example of integrity and mastery in the practice of law.