Menu Contact
Colley Shroyer Abraham
CALL Today Free Consultation 614-678-5072

Your rights to a medical malpractice claim

When the negligence of a health care provider or delivery of substandard health care from a medical professional or a health institute results in injury or harm to the patient, this is termed as medical malpractice. Even though all medical practitioners aim to provide the highest standards of medical care, there are instances when things can go terribly wrong.

If you or a loved one ever lands on the other end of the spectrum where medical misconduct caused injury to the patient, the patient may be entitled to a malpractice claim. In most instances, such matters are settled outside of court to avoid the hassle and save precious time and money. However, if you have a sound basis for such a claim, you should go for a higher settlement.

The malpractice cases, it is wise to talk to the original health care provider once to see if an agreement can be reached. More often than usual, they are willing to compensate you in some way or another. They may even offer to provide free of cost services to correct the harm caused by their ill practices.

If this does not work, you may file a medical malpractice claim. Firstly, it must be brought to court within a specific time period from when the injury occurred. Different states have different statues of limitations, and a medical malpractice attorney will be able to guide you to it. You will also need to submit a 'certificate of merit' that your attorney will file in court. A certificate of merit is proof that you have contacted another medical expert who reviewed your case and certified that the injuries caused were a result of malpractice on the defendant's part. This gives your case more merit.

An experienced medical malpractice attorney will safeguard your rights and work for your best interests. A good lawyer will make sure that you are rightfully compensated for the injuries you incurred.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
contact button

Contact Us For A Free Legal Consultation

To discuss your legal matter with an attorney at our firm, call 614-678-5072 or complete the contact form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

  • Rated by super lawyer Daniel N Abraham
  • Rated by super lawyer David I. Shroyer
  • OHIO State Bar Association
  • Columbus Bar Association
  •  The ATLA
  • American Board of Trial Advocates