The law can only do so much. We understand that no amount of compensation can ever replace a loved one. Still, we believe that it is a family's right to seek justice if that wrongful death was caused by an act of negligence of another. We will help you find the people responsible and hold them accountable for their actions.
Contact us at 614-678-5072 for a free consultation with one of our experienced wrongful death lawyers. We do not get paid unless you are compensated for your injuries.
Since 1977, the law firm of Colley Shroyer & Abraham has stood up for the rights of people in Columbus and throughout Ohio, including Upper Arlington and Worthington. We are ready to put our experience to work for you.
- Motor vehicle accidents : Car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Product liability : Defective pharmaceuticals, defective cookware, defective factory and industrial equipment, defective auto parts, sporting good defects, hunting product defects
- Medical Malpractice : Failure to diagnose cancer and other diseases, misdiagnosis, birth injury, surgical errors, emergency room mistakes
- Hospital negligence : Injuries caused by negligent acts of hospital staff, including nurses and resident doctors (doctors-in-training)
- Medication errors : Wrong medicine, overmedication, prescription mistakes, strokes, medical complications
- Premises liability : Slip and fall, defective premises, inadequate lighting, inadequate security, swimming pools
- Train accidents : Railroad crossing accidents, car and train accidents, truck and train accidents
We will stand by your side from start to finish. Our law firm has the knowledge and resources to put into a wrongful death case. We will conduct a thorough investigation, enlist the relevant experts and prepare your case so it has the strength to go from settlement negotiations to trial. We understand what it takes to be successful in these types of cases.
Our attorneys have experience that has been recognized throughout the state and the country. Lead lawyer Michael Colley has served as elected president of the American Trial Lawyers Association and the National Board of Trial Advocacy, two most prestigious legal organizations in the United States. Among our attorneys are former criminal prosecutors, lecturers, educators, legal textbook authors and a nurse, whose medical experience helps us truly understand many of the important details in these cases.
Contact our trusted wrongful death attorneys at 614-678-5072 for a free initial consultation.
- $1,200,000: A 70-year-old man, presented to the hospital for routine blood work after cancer treatment for acute leukemia. The patient was not told that there was Legionella in the water supply and seven days later came down with Legionnaires' disease. After he drank for the fountain that had tested positive for the bacteria. The nurses at the hospital were told to merely give the outpatients bottled water, but they did not instruct them to not drink the water. The patient became sick and eventually died from the complications from the infection. The case was filed against the State of Ohio in the Ohio Court of Claims. The damage caps in the Court of Claims limit damages to $250,000 for pain and suffering.